Redbull xalps. Red Bull X 2019-11-25

Follow Red Bull X

redbull xalps

New to the 2015 edition was the Powertraveller Prologue, a one-day hike and paragliding race around the mountains of Fuschl am See. Only two teams made it all the way to the final destination in Monaco while 12 teams had to withdraw, were disqualified or taken out of the race. New in 2013 was the so-called Night Pass, which allowed athletes to hike through the night. Two more wildcard teams were added to the field on January 2, 2017. Each one of them will depend on seasoned outdoor skills. He traveled a total distance of 2,556 km, 2,288 km of which he covered by paraglider and 268 km on the ground.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

. Teams consist of one athlete and one official supporter, whose role it is to provide technical advice, mental and nutritional support. Only two teams made it all the way to the final destination. He made it in a record time of 6 days, 23h and 40min. The idea behind the Night Pass was to allow athletes a chance to advance their position by tactical means once during the race.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

The winner traveled 72% 999 km of the overall distance 1,379 km in the air and walked the other 28% 380 km. It was won for the fourth time in a row by the Swiss athlete Christian Maurer who reached the finish, a landing float in Monaco bay, on July 14. The Red Bull X-Alps is a race in which athletes must hike or fly 1,000 km across the Alps. His official time, which stops at the final turn point of Peille above Monaco, was 8d 4h 37m. The 2017 route featured as well. The 2015 route has ten turnpoints and a straight-line distance of 1,038 km and is more challenging tactically than the 2013 race due to it having less obvious flight paths.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

In comparison, Coconea flew 24% of the distance and walked the other 76% 1,021 km. The 2015 race started July 5 and ended July 17. Defending champion Alex Hofer arrived one day later. Fans around the world are getting comfortable and locking into the action. The exact route is normally unveiled in the spring before the race start. It was defined by two turn points, all of which had to be taken within a radius of 100 meters.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

A record number of ten teams made it all the way to Monaco. The live tracking system makes it easy for fans to follow their favorite athletes. Two more wildcard teams were added to the starters field on January 8, 2015. Around 30 athletes take part and must navigate their way via a predetermined set of turn points that vary with each race. Red Bull X-Alps - Official Red Bull Online Shop puma twitter instagram facebook filter arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up back baseball-cap breadcrumbs-arrow calender checkmark clock close collection crashed create currency delete delivery download email external-link fast-delivery heart-active heart home-active home info language launch location lock-filled logout menu newera nike parcel phone reminder-true replay reset search settings shop sneaker sort t-shirt user-settings user user-active cancel. Red Bull X-Alps is a one of a kind race.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

Thanks to -Live Tracking, all athletes can be followed in real time on the official website throughout the race. Athletes with penalty times had to prolong their next rest for the duration of their penalty time. From 2009 the race started off in the Austrian city of. Pilots who have not reached the final destination within this time will be ranked according to the distance left to the final destination. Since the 2011 edition, athletes are forced to have a mandatory rest between 23:00 and 04:00 and stay within a radius of 250m of their resting position for safety reasons. With this edition's route being considered the toughest race yet, this is one race worth tuning into. Over the years the route and the turn points have changed.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

The use of and all other forms of transport are not permitted. In 2017, the prologue will return to Fuschl am See as the Leatherman Prologue on June 29. Seventeen athletes and their support teams covered a distance of 800 kilometers as the crow flies. The route traditionally covers the Alpine regions of , , , and before ending in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin,. Together with , we have developed it over the years to be the Red Bull X-Alps it is today - the toughest and most extreme endurance and outdoor race in the world.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

So far the race has only been won by Swiss nationals. The one-day hiking race which saw no paragliding due to bad weather took place around the mountains of Fuschl am See. On July 19, 2009, 30 teams started from the Mozartplatz in the Austrian city of Salzburg. The athletes started in Fuschl and reached the Zwölferhorn before returning to Fuschl as fast as possible. The first three athletes to finish the Prologue were each rewarded with a five-minute headstart in the Red Bull X-Alps race start on July 5 and an additional Led Lenser Nightpass to journey through the night, which is normally a mandatory rest period. The first edition led from Austria's to Monaco via Germany's highest mountain, the , and Mont Gros in France. The 30 athletes who had been nominated by the race committee took off on July 17, 2011.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

It first launched in 2003 and has since taken place every other year. It follows an arc of Europe's highest mountains, starting in Salzburg, Austria and finishing in Monaco. Starting and finishing in Fuschl am See, athletes are required to hike or fly a 38 km course around two turn points, the Zwölferhorn and Schafberg peaks. This isn't sunny Saturday afternoon paragliding — it's alpine paragliding; it involves navigating huge mountain chains, glaciers, commerical flight paths. New to the 2015 race was the Powertraveller Prologue, a one-day hike and paragliding contest in the Salzburgerland region.

Next

Red Bull X

redbull xalps

Its simplicity is what makes it most appealing. The race was won for the fourth time in a row by the Swiss athlete Christian Maurer in 8d 4h 37m, flying an paraglider. In 2017, the Prologue returned as the Leatherman Prologue race on June 29. The ninth edition of the world's toughest adventure race, Red Bull X-Alps, has begun! After months of training and preparations, 32 athletes from 20 nations have set off from historic Mozartplatz in Salzburg, Austria, beginning a 1138 km race across the European Alps to the finisher's float in Monaco. Winner Alex Hofer traveled 900 km 61% of the distance in the air and walked 588 km 39%.

Next